Write a Press Release that Creates a Media Frenzy
This live and interactive program is with Loolwa Khazzoom, a seasoned public relations manager who works with top media including The New York Times, Doctor Oz, Fortune, Rolling Stone, CNN, The Washington Post, Marie Claire, AARP, Yoga Journal, Seventeen, BBC News, Forbes, Self, The Boston Globe, and numerous other leading outlets internationally.
You will learn the following:
1. the 7 categories of information that editors and producers must see in your press release
2. the optimal way to organize and present the building blocks of a press release
3. hot tips on how to “spin” your event, product, or service, so that you offer a compelling story that excites media
Not only will you learn how to write a press release, but you will learn how to create a media frenzy with your press release, by implementing the following:
1. the “prestige triad” that will get you noticed by top media outlets
2. strategies for securing VIP endorsements for your press release – amplifying media interest
2. the “one-two punch” technique for closing the deal on media coverage
About the Facilitator
Loolwa’s work has been featured in The New York Times, Rolling Stone, CNN, Marie Claire, BBC News, and other top media worldwide; she has published two books that have been taught throughout the Ivy League and at universities nationwide – The Flying Camel: Essays on Identity by Women of North African and Middle Eastern Jewish Heritage and Consequence: Beyond Resisting Rape; she has lectured at prestigious venues ranging from Barnard Center for Research on Women and Harvard University on the East Coast, to the Simon Wiesenthal Center and Skirball Cultural Center on the West Coast; she has been featured in documentaries including “The Way Home,” “The Forgotten Refugees,” and “Young Jewish, and Left;” she has published essays in numerous anthologies, including That Takes Ovaries!, Best Jewish Writing, and Body Outlaws; and she has worked with and/or facilitated her clients working with celebrities including integrative medicine doctor Mehmet Oz MD, supermodel Tyra Banks, talk show host Montel Williams, NBA star player Brian Grant, and award-winning musician Matisyahu.